Potato, Onion, and Leek Casserole, A Brunch-Worthy Dinner
Sometimes I can’t wait until Sunday morning to have brunch. Sometimes I need to have brunch on Thursday evening. Brinner, anyone? This vegetarian casserole was simple to make, hearty and delicious. It made a great dinner, and would be great for brunch.
Potato, Onion, and Leek Brunch Casserole
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 Leeks
- 2 Green Onions
- 2 White Onion
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Cream
- 1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Peel and boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside to cool. When cooled, slice thinly.
- Dice the white onions and sauté at a low temperature until translucent and aromatic.
- Chop the leeks and green onions and combine.
- Use non-stick spray to coat the edges of a large casserole dish or cake pan.
- Layer the potatoes in the bottom of the dish. Build subsequent layers of onions, leeks, and cheese sprinkled on top, and then continue to loosely layer potatoes and repeat for three layers. The top layer should be cheese.
- Whisk the eggs and the cream and gently and slowly pour over the layers, letting the egg trickle down to the bottom.
- Bake at 170° C for an hour, until the top is golden brown and the eggs have set. Let cool for 15 minutes. Slice and serve. Can be served hot or cold. Enjoy!