By Vivi Rathbone.
I needed an excuse to post this picture, so enjoy this random post.
The cover picture for MyBeautifulAir is a painting by Picasso, as he will always be my favorite artist, along with all of my other favorite artists. Picasso is my favorite because his revolutionary genius knew no bounds. Just as he could deconstruct complex figures into their individual planes, shapes and colors, his quotes deconstruct complex questions into simple statements. In that simplicity truth is revealed. Here are my
five ten favorite Picasso quotes:
1. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth.
2. I do not seek. I find.
3. Everything you can imagine is real.
4. He can who thinks he can, and he can’t who thinks he can’t. This is an inexorable, indisputable law.
5. Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
6. I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.
7. If there were only one truth, you couldn’t paint a hundred canvases on the same theme.
8. Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working.
9. Others have seen what is and asked why. I have seen what could be and asked why not.
10. Success is dangerous. One begins to copy oneself, and to copy oneself is more dangerous than to copy others. It leads to sterility.