Valentines Day may be over, but some sweethearts’ sweet teeth aren’t satiated. I remember the first time I tried an alfajor I was completely shocked that something so sticky, sugary and sinful could exist. It was so sweet that I couldn’t finish it and it made me feel sick afterwards.
My blood sugar levels have since adjusted to the Argentine setting. I elected to make some alfajores of my own. The recipe is simplistic and the results impressive.
- Mini Tapitas, or comparable shortbread cookie
- Dulce de leche, Estilo Colonial
- Chocolate bano de repostera, melted in the bag by submerging in hot water.
- Take two Tapitas and put a dollop of dulce de leche on one side, and make a sandwich.
- Take the sandwich and dip in melted chocolate. This is optional. You could also roll in coconut flakes.
- Let the chocolate harden on a piece of wax paper. Enjoy!